Tuesday, November 6, 2012

We found the hidden waterfall.

Andy was able to get a last minute flight to visit me this last weekend.  We had fun, but I think I need to sleep at least a week to recuperate!  I didn't do enough homework, that's for sure.  We were able to make a couple day trips though.

On Saturday we took an adventure out to Palouse Falls, which is a giant waterfall in the middle of nowhere.  We drove into the park and I was like, "....so where's this waterfall?"  That's because you walk to a lookout spot to view the waterfall.  It's sort of buried down in the ground in a smaller canyon, so you're looking down at it.  Most of my experiences with waterfalls have been looking up at them.  Tall cliffs rose up around the sides of the waterfall, and it looked strong and beautiful.  Also, I love the sound of waterfalls.
On Sunday we drove up to Coeur d'Alene because I was having mountain withdrawals.  The mountains there still aren't as big as the ones in Utah, but at least they can legitimately be called mountains.  While we were there we went to the lake and walked around on some of the docks.  The weather was brisk and the water was so calm - it was nice and relaxing.
Monday we woke up at 3am to drive Andy to his flight.  He got there and it was overbooked.  I was almost back to Pullman when he called me to come pick him up because he wouldn't be flying out until the next day.  So I drove back to Spokane to pick him up.  It was nice to have him here for another day, but it was hard because I was doing homework all day, and trying to catch up on things I had neglected over the weekend.

Then this morning (Tuesday) I drove to Spokane yet again.  5 times to Spokane in 4 days, plus a trip out to Palouse Falls is too much driving for me.  Combine that with a lack of sleep and double homework load and you get a very worn out Mandy.  Needless to say, I am looking forward to Thanksgiving Break in two weeks!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment