Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Conference in...Utah!

This last weekend was such a blessing.  I was able to make a very quick trip (less than 48 hours) to Utah to see Andy and his family, and to watch General Conference.

I arrived Saturday morning and we watched both sessions at Andy's house.  In between sessions Andy took me to dinner at the restaurant he works in at Thanksgiving Point.  It was fancy.  Then when the guys left to priesthood we had a girls' night, and it was really great to just relax and have fun.  We went to the Smith's Marketplace and got a bunch of treats and then watched a funny movie.

On Sunday we were going to go to Salt Lake and watch General Conference at Temple Square with my brother Jake, but he was sick : ( so we decided not to go up.  Instead we just watched conference at the house.  In between sessions I had fun with Jasmine while we did her hair.  Then while listening to the second session, Andy and I made a delicious dinner for his family.  We made enchiladas, a strawberry almond poppyseed salad, a three layer chocolate cheesecake desert, and fancy shirley temple drinks.  After dinner we went up Provo Canyon and hiked around a bit and took some pictures.

Then Monday morning I left to the airport at 7am.

So it was short, but very sweet.  Listening to conference and being there with Andy's family helped me rebalance and remember what is most important in life.  Also, I just love Utah.  The mountains and the crisp fall air stir something magical inside of me every single year.  I'll never get tired of that.

Jasmine's pretty hair

 L to R: Pretty Michelle, Me, Andy, Sam
Front: Jasmine
I don't know why I'm not looking at the camera, but hey, neither is Sam.  : )



Back at the house





4 comments:

  1. awww very cute post! And if I am not mistaken I see something on a certain finger...ctr ring? Or something more??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so observational! It's more than a CTR ring ; ) but not an engagement ring. My boyfriend Andy got me a promise ring to wear until we get engaged (hopefully soon!). I'll post picture though of the real ring when everything is all official.

      Delete
  2. can i be as skinny as you? nice outfit, girl! great pictures. i had a great conference weekend too. You guys are so cute together. Beyond happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Johanna!
      I'm glad you like my outfit. I know how to be cute, regardless of what everyone at Miracell thought - haha! No cute clothes for that place. It was great to see all your updated pictures the last couple days. I love your short hair! And Lia is so beautiful! I miss you guys.
      I need to write you an email soon. Hopefully on Sunday. : )

      Delete