So why was my birthday so great? Because my boyfriend, Andy, flew out to visit me from Utah
and stayed for the whole week! I
was completely spoiled.
Here are just some of the nice things he did for me:
- Gave me awesome birthday presents!!!!!!
- Cooked me breakfast every single day
- Made me dinner and lunch most days
- Washed the dishes for the whole week
- Did all my yard work, which was out of control
- Vacuumed/cleaned my car
- Went grocery shopping (found really good deals on a blender and solar lights)
- Sprayed for spiders (they’re always trying to take over)
- Carried all my heavy things to school for me
- Fixed my broken curtain rod
- Fixed all the broken rollers on my closets
- Replaced the sprayer on my kitchen sink
I posted some pictures below that we took during the week. Also, I’ve posted some pictures of my cute little apt since some people wanted to know what it looks like.
Funny story of the week:
I was wearing fancy high heels to
school one day, and a fellow grad student said that I was like Sarah Blake
walking around in those kind of shoes.
I had no idea who Sarah Blake was so I googled the name (Sarah Blake is
a porn star) and I was like “uh……….what was that guy trying to say?” Then the next day I’m walking down a
hall in the soc building and I pass an office with the name “Sarah Blake” on
it. Apparently there is someone in
the department named Sarah Blake, whom I have never met because she is away this
semester working on research!
Later I told the guy about it and we both had a good laugh. He was definitely referring to the girl
in the department because she always wears high heels.
Getting ice cream at Lick's
Yummy grilled veggie salad Andy made me one day for lunch
Birthday flowers : )
Ticket to ride is my favorite board game and I would always borrow it from/play it with my cousin Kyle. Andy and I played it the first time we hung out together (and I won), so he got me my own for my birthday!
Andy got me expensive perfume that I had been wanting for a while,
as well as framed pictures of us to put in my house and office.
Trying to take a decent picture of yourself on my phone is very difficult.
Now Andy understands why I never send him pics of me.
But I can still take cute pictures of him. Isn't he so
handsome!?
I made enchiladas one night!
Andy's dad wants us to get married just because I can make these.
He made me muddy buddies!
He installed a new sprayer on my kitchen sink
I came home from school one day to find my walkway completely transformed. There uses to be vines growing out onto the sidewalk and trees were so overgrown that you had to duck to not get hit in the head. Not to mention all the dead leaves that had been piling up for who knows how long were gone.
He installed solar lights all along my walkways. It was so hard to find my way in the dark if I ever came home at night. I always thought I would trip down my stairs and die. Not anymore!
This is a picture of my front door. But I took this picture to show how Andy did such a good job trimming back my bushes. They were literally covering half the sidewalk before he pruned them.
Pictures of my apt:
Living Room
Kitchen window view into my cute little yard.
Kitchen/Laundry Room
View from the front door into the yard.
Bathroom
Bedroom
Much closet space : )
Bedroom side angle
Bedroom into living room angle
Dining part of kitchen.
If you made it this far then you get to see my last birthday present: a promise ring from Andy. Don't get too crazy though. I'll have a post for when the real ring comes too!






























Cute apartment and beautiful ring!
ReplyDeleteThanks Karly. : ) Btw, Lacee's preschool picture is absolutely adorable!
DeleteSo great to see what the heck is going on w/you. He is definitely a keeper! Cute apt and I like a guy who is handy and does yard work, it reminds me of me. LOL I hope you are great, we miss you
ReplyDeleteI miss you guys too! I'll probably see you during the holidays because I plan on staying at Carri's house hopefully for a few days when flying in and out of Salt Lake...she doesn't know yet though. But it will be good for her. She needs someone to come by and discipline her every once in a while! haha! : )
DeleteNice! I wish i could have seen how it looked before he pruned everything back. Although, it did sound like it would have been perfect for Halloween, hahahaha. Great apartment! Nice perfume too. And yes your boyfriend is handsome! Yay for Mandy!
ReplyDeleteI know...I should have taken pics before, but I didn't know he was going to prune and clean everything. lol
DeleteOH MY GOSH! I almost had a heart attack when I saw the ring! You seem so happy Mandy and that makes me smile. Love the apartment, so cozy. We miss you!
ReplyDelete